HOPA’s Vision and Mission remain clear and strong and have not wavered since our inception. In January 2019, the HOPA Board of Directors, key stakeholders and staff met to conduct a comprehensive review of the HOPA Strategic Plan, which reflects four core areas: Professional Development, Professional Resources and Tools, Research, and Advocacy. These focused goal areas identify where the association will direct its energy and resources in the next five years. A set of objectives for each area provides measurable direction in achieving these goals.
OUR VISION: All individuals affected by cancer have a hematology/oncology pharmacist as an integral member of their care team.
OUR MISSION: Support pharmacy practitioners and promote and advance hematology/oncology pharmacy to optimize the care of individuals affected by cancer.
2020-2023 HOPA Goals and Objectives
Goal Area: Professional Development
Develop hematology/oncology pharmacists to be valuable members of the cancer care team exceling within their institutions and their professions.
- Continue to develop educational initiatives that meet the evolving needs of pharmacists practicing in hematology/oncology.
- Bring the voice of the hematology/oncology pharmacists to external organizations through educational programming.
- Develop collaborative educational opportunities for individuals on the hematology/oncology care team.
Goal Area: Professional Resources and Tools
Provide the professional resources and tools needed to support hematology/oncology pharmacy across the cancer care continuum.
- Develop and maintain guidelines, competencies, and standards within oncology pharmacy practice.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver tools and resources that reflect the needs of members, patients, caregivers, and individuals on the hematology/oncology care team.
Goal Area: Research
Establish HOPA as a leader in research of hematology/oncology pharmacy intervention and impact.
- Enrich current and new research areas of focus: basic and translational, quality, value, and practice-based.
- Enhance opportunities for seasoned and early-stage researchers.
- Develop professional benchmarks for hematology/oncology.
Goal Area: Advocacy
Advocate for the value of hematology/oncology pharmacy and be an influential voice for patient cancer care issues.
- Increase awareness of the hematology/oncology pharmacist as a trusted advocate for patients, caregivers and pharmacists.
- Increase patient experiences in advocacy initiatives.
- Expand HOPA's footprint in the areas of safety, quality, and access to care.
- Develop and build on HOPA collaborations with external professional organizations and advocacy groups.